Items we ARE accepting for the 2018 Fall/Winter sale:
- Gently used upscale boutique and trunk show Fall and Winter clothing (Sizes 0-Jrs.).
- Brands such as Amanda Remembered, Castles and Crowns, Kelly Kids, Vineyard Vines, Hannah Kate, Just Ducky, Daisies and Doodlebugs, Orient Expressed, Smocked Auctions, Smockadot Kids, Southern Sunshine Kids, Anavini, Mini Boden, Garnet Hill, Lands End, Hannah Anderson, Matilda Jane, Lilly Pulitzer, Gap, Gymboree, Ralph Lauren, Under Amour and many more of the high end clothing lines. We will also accept special occasion items from Circo/Target brands.
- Fall/Winder Holiday Outfits: Halloween Costumes, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Etc.
- Boutique gently used children's shoes, for example Kid Express, L'Amour, Primigi, Elephantino, Stride Rite, Lelli Kelly etc. We will except other brands as long as they are seasonally appropriate and in very good condition.
- Accessories such as hairbows, belts, tights, jewelry (please bag individually).
- Custom made, boutique, or Pottery Barn infant and children's bedding and window treatments. Also, rugs in good condition with no stains, lamps, children's art work and some furniture items. Furniture such as cribs (must have drop-down conversion lock to meet new safety standards), will need to be set-up and taken apart by you so please allow time for this.
- Boutique and quality maternity clothing.
- Baby items such as bouncers, exersaucers, swings, strollers, highchairs, bumbos (must meet current safety standards), etc. Please make sure all items are in working condition and new batteries are included if needed.
- Books, DVDs, games and puzzles in good condition. No VHS tapes.
- Toys are big sellers!! Bikes, scooters, dollhouses, play kitchens, cozy coupes, power wheels, riding toys and electronic toys by Leap Frog, V Tech and similar brands - must have working batteries!
- Gently used sports equipment/apparel (NO HELMETS) lacrosse sticks, volleyball items, baseball bats, baseballs, basketballs, soccer balls, youth tennis rackets, youth golf clubs, cleats, etc.
Unfortunately, these items are will not be accepted for this sale
- Spring and Summer ( jeans and dress pants sell well at both)
- Carters, Kmart, Walmart or similar brand clothing. We are limited on space!
- Baby blankets, picture frames and miscellaneous nursery decor.
- Onesies and socks, unless they are a part of or attached to an outfit.
- Items with stains, tears, missing/broken parts, piling or excessive wrinkles. All items will be inspected during check in. We do know that you will miss a stain here and there, especially with the lighting changes. However, please do not bring items that have obvious stains, tears, fading or are out dated.
- Stuffed animals (doll babies are welcomed)
Clothing and Item Preparation
- All consignors should begin by making sure items are clean, neatly pressed and suitable for the show. Nicely presented items always receive top dollar!
- Clothing items should be on hangers (no wire or padded hangers) with the open hook of the hanger facing to your left. Other items should be neatly presented, for example, shoes should be tied together with ribbon.
- Outfits should be hung together with the clothing items pinned together. Pants should be pinned to the top of the hanger on each side.
- You will need children's plastic hangers and safety pins (no straight pins or clothes pins). You may also need large and small plastic ziploc bags for packaging small items, and clear packing tape to attach tags to non-clothing items, such as toys.
Entering your Items into the Tagging System
- Deadline to enter your items into the system is Tuesday, September 18 @ 6 AM.
- First, sort all of your items by clothing, toys, equipment, etc. Regarding clothing, sort by size and gender.
- Login on the Register & Tag page, then click on "Enter Items" and begin.
- PRICE TO SELL! You select your asking pricing so take into consideration how eager you are to sell the item when pricing. We suggest pricing your items between 1/3 and 1/2 of what you paid retail. Items which are like new or still with tags may sell for a little more. A general rule of thumb is to ask yourself, "what would I pay for this item?" If you are unsure, please contact us! For pricing suggestions, please review the pricing tip sheet.
- Use only whole or half dollar amounts, such as $10 or $10.50 (not $9.95).
- Please enter a brief description of the item you are selling for each tag.
- You have the option to offer a 40% discount on ALL, SOME, or NONE of your items for the Saturday 40% OFF Sale. This will help items that have not sold yet to sell. This feature is NOT mandatory and completely up to you.
- You have the option to donate ALL, SOME or NONE of your items that did not sell. This is also NOT mandatory and completely up to you. We will be donating all selected unsold items to local charities. A donation list for your tax filings can be generated through this system.
- You do not have to enter all your items at one time and can re-enter the tagging system whenever you need to, up until the cut-off date. Login and then click on the "Manage Inventory" page. The system will be closed on Tuesday, September17th @ 6 AM and you will NOT be able to enter more items after this time.
Printing & Tagging your Items
- You will need access to a printer and white cardstock paper is preferred for tags. Paper can wrinkle easily and void the barcode.
- Go to the Register & Tag page and login. Go to "Print Tags" and follow the prompts.
- Printing can be done at anytime.
- Cut and attach the tag to the item with safety pins only (no straight pins!) on the garment's top left shoulder (not your left, the garment's left). If not a clothing item, use tape, safety pins, or ribbons to secure the price tag in a visible location and do not tape over the barcode.
- Print your INVENTORY SHEET and bring this with you to check-in! Login and click on "Manage Inventory" and select all the items in your inventory to print.
- If the computer asks you for a print code, make sure you have logged in through our website on the Register & Tag page, and not myconsignmentmanager.com
* Please note, High Cotton Kids reserves the right to reject any item that is not appropriate for the show. PLEASE do not waste your valuable time preparing items that are not suitable to sell. We will be screening all items very closely at check-in to maintain the high quality of the show. We have limited space and want to make sure we are able to accept as many quality items as possible. We appreciate your participation and compliance with our guidelines!